semester two 2020 online examinations
As was the case in Semester 1 this year, our academic teaching teams have reduced the number of examinations as much as possible. Many assessments have been re-designated as assignments or have been moved to in-class tests. However, there are still some assessments requiring exam-like arrangements and these will be conducted online.
THERE IS PLENTY OF SUPPORT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER YOUR EXAM❗️❗️
🦸♀️🦸♂️🙋♀️🙋♂️ Technical support and advice is being provided whenever issues are reported. The Massey exam team is working 24/7 throughout the duration of the exams and if you encounter any problems, don’t panic, immediately contact:
📞Phone: (06) 3569099 then extension 83138; or from overseas +64 6 3569099 then extension 83138
If you are sitting an exam in another country, you will sit your exam on the calendar date of the exam and at the local time in your time zone, e.g. 9:30am 15th October, your time (the same as when you would normally have sat venue-based exams). Most paper-based examinations will not take place in Semester 2. They will be replaced by either:
- Time Constrained Assessments and Assignments (TCAs): exam-like unsupervised assessments that you complete on Stream. There is a time limit for these once you start.
- Online Supervised Exams (OSEs): supervised exams that you access through Stream, starting at a set time and completing within a time limit. In general, only courses that have exams worth more than 60% of the overall grade will have Online Supervised Exams. The exception to this are courses where student’s assessments are required for professional and external accreditation purposes.
- Other Assessments (OAs): for a limited number of vet, aviation and other science courses it is intended, subject to COVID-19 alert levels, that you will take the exam in-person (physically) in a supervised environment managed by your school.
THERE IS HEAPS OF SUPPORT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER YOUR EXAM❗️❗️
RPNow – HOW TO USE IT❓❓
While the online exams for semester one are very well managed, it is essential that if you are sitting an Online Supervised Exam (not TCA) you complete the initial download of RPNow early and take a practice test. To do this now follow the instructions below……
⚠️A special Online Supervised Exam Student Support Stream site has been set up to help you prepare to sit an online assessment which:
⭐️Provides a step-by-step guide on how to install RPNow and sit an online assessment delivered through Stream.
⭐️Provides a practice test to try as often as you like before sitting a ‘real’ online assessment.
⭐️Answers common questions on the online assessment process.
Tap the support site link below to install RPNow (now 😉)
For many courses, the Library has digital copies of exams from past semesters. You can search for, and download, past exams here
exam FAQ’s -semester one 2020
Reading time is included in the duration of all exams whether they are Online Supervised
Exams or Time Constrained Assessments.
You will answer your exam in any of 3 main places:
Within the exam
exam questions will be answered as indicated in Stream
– On linked answer documents
A link to a Word or Excel document will be provided within the exam
This document is to be used to answer some or all questions in your exam
Not all exams will have linked documents
There will be instructions in your exam to download, name and save your answer
document to your computer
Instructions will be provided regarding which questions to answer on the document,
and how to manage the document
- Paper is to be used for either workings or answering questions that need to be handwritten or drawn on paper
In addition, there may be one other type of document included within an exam:
- PDF Questions
- Some questions may be presented on a PDF to allow them to be suitably presented. This will only be used for displaying questions.
Linked answer documents will either be:
- Dragged and dropped to the box within the exam at the end of the questions
- Dragged and dropped to the assignment box in the Course Stream Site (i.e. not within the exam)
- The instructions in your exam will clearly note which of these options applies.
Answers or workings on paper will be:
- Dragged and dropped to the assignment box in the Course Stream site (i.e. not within the exam)
- Instructions will be provided for this option.
Linked answer documents that are to be dropped into the box within the exam:
- No extra time is allowed. You will be saving this document throughout the duration of your exam and then dropping it into the box within the exam which you will already have open.
Linked answer documents that are to be dropped into the assignment box in the Course Stream Site:
- After you have closed out of your exam you will have 15 minutes to drag and drop your answer document to the box in the Course Stream Site. This time is not included in the exam duration.
Answers including workings on paper:
- After you have submitted your exam (and, if you are sitting an OSE, have gone out of RPNow) you will have 30 minutes to capture, save and drop your documents into the box on the Course Stream Site. This time is not included in the exam duration.
Contact Assessment Services immediately
- Phone: (06) 3569099 then extension 83138; or from overseas +64 6 3569099 then extension 83138
- Email: email@example.com
- RPNow will be set up so that there is permission within the invigilation software for you to use any of the programmes or items necessary for your exam – e.g. Word, Excel, pen and paper
- Linked answer documents can be dropped into the box within the exam while RPNow is still open
- Dropping answer documents (either linked documents or hard copy answers) into the box outside the exam in the Course Stream Site will need to be completed after you have submitted your exam and closed RPNow.
When you are in Stream, there is a timer that will display on the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.